Monday 27 January 2014

Building a electric cello

I have this incredible passion for cello music. One day I decided I have to play the cello.
Since I can't play a normal acoustic instrument in my apartment, I decided to build a electric, silent one.

Ordered some essential parts from e-bay and currently I am waiting for a cost estimate from a local craftsman in Timisoara, that will build the main wood body of the cello.

I still search for a solution for the end pin, how to build a holder for the legs and a chest piece. But I will only build them, if the instrument sounds good.

I can't wait for all the parts to arrive :) I will need to recheck all important dimensions, like diameter for the holes of the bass fine tuners.
This is how the main body will look like:


 
Update 1.28.14: New parts are arriving.
The bridge will surely need some adjusting of the feet, and carving of round notches on top for the strings.
Looking good so far :)
. . . 
Edit: