Monday 3 March 2014

Building a electric cello: Fitting the bridge

Over the weekend I had some fun with the bridge adjustment and I also mounted a leg support.

The bridge is now in place.
After a little testing I found it's hard to avoid touching A or G when the bow is placed on the D string. This needs further adjusting.


After trimming the bridge a lot of testing was made to get the height above the fingerboard to the recommended height without cutting too much from the bridge.

Still waiting for a tail piece order to arrive. After that is in place, I need to adjust the string height about 0.5 mm on A and D on the bridge.

Here is a short video of this stage:

At this time I am looking for solutions to a chest piece support.

More progress to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment