Sunday 6 April 2014

Building a electric electric cello

New upgrade for my electric cello project.

Changed the piezzo sensor position from the body (near the bridge) to be directly on the bridge. I searched the best position until it sounde just right.


The electric cello sounds much better now, however the laptop sound board dos not record the sound very well (actually it sucks). I hope to find a affordable recording alternative.

Fortunately for practice, I can use the headphones through a small stereo speaker system.

Audio sample here :  https://soundcloud.com/liviu-work/electric-cello-diy-solfegio

This model of piezzo does not catch the vibrations if pressure is not applied.
I know it looks ugly with screws, but just gluing it does not work :(
 
Update: October2015 - not gluing the piezzo was a good idea. This allowed for experimenting with placement on the bridge. As close to the C string as possible seems to be the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment