Wednesday 3 August 2016

Updates DIY Electric Cello - rounded back of the neck for 4th position

Feedback from a maestro is very important.
As I keep practicing for upper positions, my cello teacher told me the index finger should be same height or higher than the thumb when the hand is in 4th position.


After searching the internet for references, I was intrigued to find my cello did not allow for a correct position of the hand in this case.

Fortunately I had some small piece of wood from last update and was a perfect size for the job.
Here is a before-after comparison. The effort was worth it.


The shaping took about 4 hours of sanding, but I cannot overestimate how much better it feels to play. The 4th position notes are much easier to reach and play, especially on the C string.


No comments:

Post a Comment